Practice Leadership Program
In order to effectively navigate and manage today's rapidly changing health care landscape, it is essential that neurologists are positioned and equipped to influence important decisions that stand to dramatically impact our field, our community, and our patients. This valuable new program is designed to develop and hone the kind of unique leadership skills needed by today's practicing neurologist to succeed and flourish.
Applications now being accepted to this all-expense paid program through July 31, 2017.
For more information about the Practice Leadership Program , please contact Bonnie Sova.
2017-2018 Practice Leadership Program
- Program Overview
Practice Leadership is a seven-month program designed to develop and hone the kind of unique leadership skills needed by today's practicing neurologist to succeed and flourish. The program's convenient format was designed specifically with solo and small group practitioners in mind who may have concerns about coverage and time away from practice.
- Introduction to the AAN structure and interaction with Academy leadership at the AAN Annual Meeting in April 2018 in Los Angeles.
- Leadership training that will start with face-to-face meetings at the AAN headquarters and will continue over seven months.
- Coaching conference calls with professional consultant and suggested readings and activities.
- Learn more about how to transition to leadership, managing staff/employees, how coding/reimbursement works in solo/single specialty practices, run efficient office hours, negotiate contracts and understand the changing regulatory burden to practices, and tactics to survive and thrive.
- Participate in monthly conference calls December-March with AAN leaders who will serve as a mentor.
Eligible applicants must be a US neurologist in a solo practice, or in a neurology/multi-specialty group of approximately 10 or less.
AAN members interested in participating in the program should submit the following documents as part of the application process:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Essay: Attach a PDF of your letter of interest and include your major goal/vision for your practice/group within the next year. Explain how your involvement in the Practice Leadership Program could impact and/or improve your practice or community and give you real-time leadership experience.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Colleague
- Key Program Dates
Participants must attend two face-to-face sessions (all expenses paid):
- Kick-off meeting at the AAN headquarters in Minneapolis, November 17-19, 2017
- AAN Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, April 2018